The Birth of YNot Counseling

When I began the 2016-17 school year I was up in arms about what I would do in the classroom with the students at my school.  I am in a K-6 school so I needed meaningful activities.  Since it was my first year as a school counselor I turned to the internet; scouring countless websites, reading numerous articles, joining many Facebook groups...and the list could go on.  As I implemented the lessons shared by experienced/seasoned counselors in September I recognized the disconnect between the lesson and the students.  I began to question myself and my delivery.  I had to take a step back and really examine the community I was working in and the lessons I was bringing to them.  After downloading several TPT resources and finding they weren't quite what I was looking for I decided in November to start creating my own resources.  And so the birth of Inspirational One's Counseling Corner began.  Who's that, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you.  It was the original name of my TPT store.  After months of pondering over it I made the switch to YNot Counseling because I feel it is a better fit for me and what I represent.  So I give to you....YNot Counseling! Click the link below to peruse my store.  It is still in the beginning stages, however, there are countless FREEBIES and other resources that are available to you at your fingertip.  All I ask is that you leave feedback when you download and make sure to follow me so that you can get updates on new resources and information on sales!  Happy looking!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ynot-Counseling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Worthy: The Importance of Self-Care

Kindness Goes a Long Way!