Investing in Youth Today Makes a Difference Tomorrow

I am compassionate about what I do.  I enjoy working with the youth, helping them and seeing them succeed.  When I went into daycare in 2002 my main focus was to assist families that would not have access to education before starting their child/ren in public school.  My motto was, "Helping Your Child Get Ahead of the Curve".  My curriculum consisted of Beginning ASL and Spanish, multicultural lessons and activities, field trips, and individual assessments so that I could create lessons around the needs of the student.  I LOVED what I did and I LOVED to see the looks of satisfaction on the faces of the parents at the end of the year program where their child was performing.  When I closed my daycare I was satisfied because I know I provided a great service to every child that crossed my threshold.  I began working in a public school setting in 2013.  The district I was in was awesome to say the least!  The students had what they needed at their fingertips to ensure success.  After graduating with my Masters in Urban Education -School Counseling I applied for a School Counselor position in that same district but did not hear back from them.  As the summer rolled around I began looking outside of the district I had grown to love.  I found a position for an elementary school counselor and I applied.  I LOVE the younger years because it is during those years that a student's foundation is built.  After a few weeks I received a call for an interview and got the job!  One thing I quickly realized was that the same opportunities were not afforded to my new students.  During this past year as a first year school counselor I took a lot of notes on what I can do to make the lives of these students better and how can I do it?  I heard about DonorsChoose and thought it would be a great way to get what the students need.  My first project is for the purchase of  five tablets.  Having tablets available to the students will allow me to incorporate technology into my classroom counseling lessons.  I can use the tablets to form five teams and we can play Character Kahoot, Jeopardy, and so much more!  I can also use the tablets during small group counseling.  I enjoy using Kahoot, Skype and Storyboard to create meaningful and impressionable lessons.  And the best thing about it students love using the various apps while learning new skills.  Please click the link below and donate to the cause of "Helping Students to Become Equipped for the 21st Century".  No donation is too small.  Thank you for all that you do to contribute to the success of tomorrow's leaders!


https://www.donorschoose.org/project/helping-students-to-become-equipped-for/2595503/?rf=link-siteshare-2017-06-teacher-teacher_3739698&challengeid=20810768

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Worthy: The Importance of Self-Care

Kindness Goes a Long Way!

The Birth of YNot Counseling